A possible lucky escape for Saltdean family!

Warnings given as new hoverboard catches fire in boy’s room in Saltdean!

Saltdean mum and fire service employee Sue Ivatt has warned people of the potential fire risk posed by the latest kids craze of owning a hoverboard.

After hearing media reports of the dangers of hoverboards catching fire Sue decided to research the issue and choose very carefully before purchasing one for her son Ryan for Christmas.

But just a little while after Christmas the hoverboard caught fire in Ryan’s room at their house in Saltdean.

Ryan Ivatt explained ”I was in my bedroom playing around with it and suddenly it hit the side of my desk and made smoke and things come out of the side. I had the fire extinguisher and I grabbed it. I called my dad down and phoned 999 and asked for the fire service to come and once we called them we took it into thee garden and waited for them to arrive.”

Tap below to watch the East Sussex Fire & Rescue Youtube video featuring Sue & Ryan’s story.

Feature image East Sussex Fire & Rescue

Comment using your Facebook account

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *